PowerX Press Careers
director, telecom strategy
Who are we?
PowerX is a UK based software company, founded in 2017, focused on the Telecommunications Industry. We are redefining tower performance using AI: we provide an integrated SaaS platform that uses advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) data analytics and machine learning (ML) to continually optimize and autonomously control telco tower assets and operations. Our mission is to become the AI Platform of Choice for the Telco Tower Industry, optimising performance, reducing cost and achieving resilient, sustainable operations. PowerX solution is the first real-time AI platform to optimize complex tower infrastructure at scale, delivering a single “pane of glass” to detect issues and drive resultant workflow to resolution.
This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we look to accelerate our growth, develop our value propositions, become indispensable to our customers and establish our market lead before other companies enter this space.
PowerX success is determined by strong market awareness, by faultless reputation, by our ability to understand deeply and deliver successfully against the wide spectrum of operational challenges and by our ability to proactively identify areas where the automation we bring delivers positive impact to our customers’ business. This requires field-expertise right at the core of our strategic proposition, our go-to-market activities, our platform development as well as our methodology to measure incremental value with tangible financial benefits for our customers.
We are therefore looking for a Tower Strategy Director to join our team and bring deep expertise, knowledge and sound market understanding in this space. The successful candidate will quickly become the Subject Matter Expert in all matters related to PowerX AI solutions delivering real-time insights to optimise tower operations and maintenance across the wide spectrum of the tower ecosystem. This role will be instrumental in driving our 5-years business plan bringing leadership to both our strategic go-to-market (GTM) activities and to our platform development.
- Champion PowerX AI solution throughout the industry-specific GTM channels with a voice of authority to build credibility and trust in our technology
- Act as a key contributor and industry expert; pro-actively and actively plug into the Tower industry platforms and forums that are used by our customers and prospects as source of knowledge, thought-leadership, networking and reference;
- Build wide-reaching relationships with leading industry bodies relevant in the Tower industry as well as strategic consultancy firms, technology vendors, OEM providers, research agencies to fully understand how the ecosystem is evolving; ensure PowerX is a recognised strategic player too;
- Present, speak and contribute as advisor and panellist to industry topics and debates, lead the debate on topics that are most relevant and pressing for the sector today. Champion PowerX and its value-creative AI automation, technology innovation at all times;
- Research the market, technologies, providers and trends and keep at the fore front of innovation in this space at all times;
- Consult on PowerX customer or sales prospecting projects as a Subject Matter Expert ensuring we design the best solution for each customer specific challenges and needs; ensure our customers trust PowerX;
- Channel deep knowledge, experience and expertise internally into all product development, customer consulting, customer delivery or customer success initiatives, leading PowerX teams to consistently improve our offering and value across our entire portfolio.
- Leveraging deep domain knowledge (technical and/or operational), define, lead and deliver strategic programmes that are key for our business plan’s success.
- Inform product and propositions strategic priorities and lead internally the exploration and definition of new product strategic development that are key to driving incremental value
- Consult and contribute to the development of PowerX data and analytics services and propositions, including the performance measurement framework that enables our customers to continuously see the value delivered by PowerX and the improvements delivered to towers’ TCO. This involves identifying all customer benefit areas and measurement of the financial benefit across metrics such as CAPEX and OPEX optimization, MTTR (mean-time-to-repair), site uptime SLAs and any penalty reduction, policy SLAs etc
- Actively supporting the PowerX Software team to iterate and improve the features and functionality available in the platform, including but not limited to: what data points we need to capture, how do we capture data, what additional metrics we need to build in the platform, which parameters we need to finetune in our AI models for best efficiencies, other functional areas required in the product etc.
- Build a Centre of Excellence in all matters related to operations and management for towers within PowerX; Create a knowledge centre and drive knowledge transfer in the organisation to upskill the rest of the team in day-to-day operational realities our TowerCos and / or MNOs clients experience.
Ideal candidate profile
- Bachelor Degree in Technical Engineering / Electrical Engineering;
- 15+ years expertise in telecom passive infrastructure – planning, execution, O&M;
- Past responsibilities in Telecom passive infrastructure designs, technology roll out, operational services or efficiency programmes;
- Experience in senior management / leadership roles: planning, managing and/or monitoring mobile tower infrastructure, operations and budgets, including but not restricted to energy management, energy-related OPEX and CAPEX planning, business processes & systems, TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), KPI tracking, forecasting and reporting;
- Knowledge of power systems / challenges including with renewable energy systems, best in class infrastructure systems and processes;
- Track-record of technological innovation (through product evolution, assessing new solutions and suppliers, test and learn, POCs) to tower management and O&M processes to drive efficiencies, cost optimization and KPIs improvement.
- Experience of working in developing markets (Africa or Asia) as well as mature markets;
- Commercial acumen, at ease with synthesizing large volume of data and analytics to summarize commercial results, extract and communicate customer value;
- Nice-to-have: experience with inputs into Annual Sustainability reports for large corporates in Telecom space, either MNO or Tower Co – Tracking, validating and reporting electricity and diesel consumption.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, at ease to own the room, present and engage large audiences and senior stakeholders, including presenting on stage at industry conferences
- Ability to work in a team, at the same time, a self-starter, driven and self-motivated
- Excellent communicator, verbally and in writing, with gravitas and deep knowledge that customers and audiences’ trust
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- At ease with rolling up sleeves but with the ability to think and operate strategically
- International experience in emerging markets across Africa or Asia Pac
- Ability to travel internationally without visa restrictions
- Fluent in English, multilingual is a nice to have
Joining PowerX you have the opportunity to shape our future from the get-go and satisfy high-profile customers across the globe. You will be part of a passionate team and a rewarding start-up venture as we deliver cutting-edge technologies to ensure resilient mobile connection and coverage globally delivered by efficient and sustainable infrastructure.